Some pictures from 2013
- Partnered with the Upper Grand District School Board to create a small garden at Rockwood Centennial Public School. Unfortunately in subsequent years we realized that the location was less-than-ideal, partially shaded, and with poor soil, so this garden was allowed to grow over. The school later started some gardens of it's own.
- Engaged with classes at RCPS to plant the garden in Spring 2013
- We ran a full kids club in 2013- with weekly activities for 8 weeks running. Thanks to the children and families who kept our garden growing.
- Donated fall harvest to EWCS' Rockwood Food Bank.
- Engaged with the community, to begin visioning for the Garden at Valentino Park, and the Rockwood Farmers' Market.
Our 2013 partners…
We would like to thank:
- Guelph-Eramosa Township and Rockwood Firefighters (water)
- Upper Grand District School Board (land)
- Acton Lumber, Leathertown Lumber, Rockwood Home Hardware (materials)
- Bonnarrow, Greenscapes and Meadowvale nurseries (plants)
- Jim's Repair Shop (equipment)